Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

We. Are. Getting. Married.

Like it’s serious. It’s on. This is happening. This dog will hunt. Holy crap. Last week things were at a 7 on the hectic scale. In my mind things were more serious, stuff was to get done. Lists were made being made and I even had a list of lists. I was piling and compiling and organizing. This week we’ve officially gone off the scale….on Tuesday, I talked with my hair stylists, my decorator, my hotel contact, my mother, my groom, my future father-in-law, my future mother-in-law, my photographer, the seamstress, the tux place…and seriously….I’m all out of talk!

Let’s back up a bit…I consider wedding week, which is actually wedding 2 week was kicked off with a short stay from my maid of honor. Tiff came up with some work and pleasure plans. She stayed at our house Monday, Tues, and Wednesday night and it was great. We talked wedding, we talked plans, she got to meet Matt a bit more (actually experience his “sense of humor”), and just enjoy each other. Was wonderful, I’m so glad that it worked even though we hadn’t planned it. I went home on Friday night as it was the official last celebration of Amanda Lynn Moser as when the wedding comes, there will be a name change.

Saturday, Mom and I ran errands. We went all over various places in Bismarck. It was a productive and fun day to enjoy each other to spout random thoughts that didn’t involve the phone and ensuring that we caught each other at good times. The day only got better. My bachelorette party was that night at Tiffy’s house. Holy crap. Talk about the perfect escape. I laughed. I ate. I was surrounded by so much fun…it was what I needed. Tiffy cooked food…I got spinach artichoke dip, fresh tortilla chips, salsa, bruschetta, gyros with tzatziki, hummus, sliders, chocolate covered potatoe chips, HOLY crap did I stuff myself!

From there we played a few games and I like how she put a domestic edge…you open presents with pot holders as well as “dress” cucumbers, and dress mannequins, and the dress up…such great pictures. We talked a little marriage advice, we talked a little bedroom advice, we talked a little…but we laughed a ton. And to pay back Matt for his bachelor party, he was sent one picture of the event! To those that made it that night…that will be a night that I will never forget. Thank you.

 

The rest of the weekend was a great time to spend reconnecting with my family. Dad and I had some great bonding by cleaning and organizing his “pile” and cupboard. We had ribeyes for supper as an official Moser family. And Mom and I finalized the weekend with a trip to the hair salon as prep.

This weekend was well needed and rejuvenated me for the week that I’m swimming in now.

It’s about timelines, flights, schedules, headcount, RSVPs, menus, photos, lists, and packing.

Best meal: That bachelorette party meal was amazing…her chips, her bruschetta, her gyros, and OH MY…The Kabobs…. And all made with love….so dang good.

Facebook post from bridesmaid:
Stripper out by 10:01. Had to go to ER. Bachelorette party goes on....

 
Grace Ann: (singing)
ALM: What’s going on here?
Grace: I’m singing in my church robe.
ALM: Should I be concerned that the only song you are singing is “The Old Rugged Cross”
Merri: THAT’S A FUNERAL SONG!
ALM: I’m not sure how I feel about that at my bachelorette party!
Grace: It’s the only one I can think of.

For those that were there….I really thought about mentioning my mother’s comment about the open the serious wrapped gift with pot holders.

ALM: reading out loud: “Something for you to wear for your wedding night love Mom”
catcalls from the group: “Is it nothing?”
“ohhhhhh!!!”
DMM: “It’s very similar to what I got at a shower for my wedding”

 
                                                   
                                                             T.H.R.E.E. DAYS! THREE.

No comments:

Post a Comment