Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wedding: The afterparty

So the dance ended.

The sandwiches were packed up.

The Kegs were drained…all three of them. Yes, three. The Radisson in their effort to make the wedding party happy broke their own rules and allowed the purchase of three kegs versus 2. This is where we shout out to the beer pourers who took their job S.E.R.I.O.U.S.L.Y. They ensured that the beer was served and then when their job was complete, one beer pourer (Kevin) went above and beyond and purchased an additional keg. Talk about an overachiever and talk about how touched Matt and I were by this amazing spontaneous gift. It’s like he also knew that I think all weddings need keg beer.

The DJ was packing up…just in time for my mother to come up to me and say, “There is a gentleman that is from the pow wow that is staying at the hotel that has been watching your wedding party all night and he would like to sing.”
My response and a tribute to one of my bridesmaids: “Sure!”
So there he was our own private Native American Elvis singing, “Can’t Help Falling in Love With You.” With my aunts playing harmonies in the background.

We packed up the remains of the cupcakes and our angelfood cake.

We thanked the decorator, Lynell with “I Do, Balloons” for the amazing social and reception she created. And for those planning a wedding in the future….she was wonderful to work with and created a venue beyond our expectation.

I began to say my good nights and even had my godmother give me final assistance with going to the bathroom (note for later).

And then Matt said, “There is a party going on in Todd’s room, they’d like us to stop by for an appearance, can we?” and again…my response: “Sure.”
And we walked into 512…and the crowd went wild. And there were 30 people in the hotel room. Not even an exaggeration. I didn’t know where to sit, stand, or move. It was amazing! However it wasn’t long before the noise complaint happened….Kevin walked in…”You’ve got a complaint, they are sending us to a banquet room to party downstairs versus stay in the room.” Now, we had been impressed with the Radisson before, the food was amazing, the service and the servers were great, the bartenders were fabulous, the punch and the ice water was a great touch, the prework with the staff and front desk was great but this moving the party room/the rowdies to a small meeting room was over the top. They handled this so well. We were so impressed with how far they went to make our wedding/stay amazing.

So down we trekked to the party room. Where we stayed for a bit and I watched my in-laws thoroughly enjoy themselves and their siblings be very convincing. I giggled at Sara who decided that no one was going to have fun without her so she joined the party barely out of her pajamas. I marveled at everyone’s tenacity to continue to the partying until 3:30 (we found this out later).

So Matt and I headed up to the suite, to finally relax, calm down, and take off the tux and dress that we’d been wearing for over 16 hours.

Best meal: Holy crap did the end of the night sandwiches hit the spot. I was disappointed to see that they hadn’t made salami but they had turkey, roast beef, and ham with sliced cheese and the remains of our snack bar.

Meanwhile in room 510: My mother’s co-worker and a wedding attendee, Alex knew when the bride and groom entered her neighbor’s room. And she decided she wasn’t going to be the one to call a noise complaint on the wedding party…UNLESS they woke her THREE YEAR old UP!! (I don’t know if I’d have been so courteous to us!)

No comments:

Post a Comment