Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

Wedding: Savoring the Day

Our last wedding moments happened at our house. Matt and I drove home together still reliving the days and laughs. When we got home, we checked the mail and he carried me over the threshold in true wedding style. We got home Monday night and decided to continue the wedding high. It wasn’t like we were on a schedule anyway. We opened a chilled bottle of champagne, one that we both liked from our trip to Monterey.

From there we opened up the cards and read the touching words and personal notes left by friends and family. We talked about those that we were able to visit with at the wedding and the memories we had. We looked at the pictures that Lynn had given us on a flash drive highlighting the dance and the reception. We looked at happy faces that surrounded us for the day. We looked at the expressions and some priceless dance moves.

We read our guest book and the advice that was written for us. I’m amazed at how good our guest book attendants were that they hunted so many down to ensure that their suggestions were captured. We combed through facebook for pics that people had posted and tags that we had. We read messages from those around us. We basically soaked up any final pieces we could. And when we thought we were done, we changed my life…we edited my name on facebook..which for many people is the existence of all (many people excluding my father, who still calls it “the facepage”).

This wedding thing has been the best thing that’s happened to me…I’ve had so many amazing experiences but the wedding was the tops. I’ve never felt so amazing, wrapped in love, and so beautiful in all my life. I stood with the man who makes me a better person, makes me feel loved and committed myself to him for the rest of the life. We joined our families. We hugged, we laughed, we cried tears of joy. We savored the moments and the craziness that came before the bliss was worth it, at least that’s what Matt told me.

Best meal: drinking champagne and eating leftover party sandwiches and finishing off with cupcakes with M heart A on the top while savoring our final wedding moments.

ALR: So I’ve decided….next weekend we are going to do the whole thing over again.
MJR: (laughing)
ALR: I don’t think you are taking me seriously.
MJR: I don’t think I can get a tux then.
ALR: I don’t think you’ve really applied yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment