Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

Wedding: Wake up!

Now…in past fashion, I have given a blog post for each day, but my wedding day was the best day of my life….and I’m going to savor it as long as possible. Keep that in mind as the posts come slowly out.

Here’s how the morning went:
3:00: wake up, reason: excitement. I suddenly remembered what it was like to be a kid at Christmas time. I thought of wearing my dress, seeing Matt in his tux, seeing all the people, and so on.
4:00: wake up, reason: need to remember to bring my veil to get my hair done.
5:00: wake up, reason: went to the bathroom.
6:30: wake up, reason: lightning. Bell also got up and came and slept with me.
7:30: wake up, think about Matt who had a 7:30 tee time with the boys at Pebble Creek Course, which is the first course that him and I had played together.
8:00: actually wake up, look outside and see all the puddles all over the yard and the rain still coming down. From this point forward there was no stopping the entire day.

(Please check back for picture updates in the future)

Mom and I went in…got my make up done at Image Makers and headed to the hair salon. Candy (who has been doing my hair for 12 years) gave me a beautiful updo and the girls showed up for mimosas, donuts, muffins, and some preshow giggling.

I got a beautiful text from my aunt, Wendy, who stated, do not give up on the outdoor ceremony yet, there is still plenty of day.

I’m glad we waited it out.

Best meal: mimosas with my bridesmaids with donut holes and donuts

6:30am
ALM: “THIS SOUNDS LIKE MORE THAN 40%!!”
Diana: “Well, rain on your wedding day means you’ll be rich.”
Perry: “Rain on your wedding day means you’ll get wet!”

I am posting this on my husband's birthday....we'll get into that at later date, but don't think for a moment I've forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment