Pages

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Love Letter

A note to my husband.

Today, we are getting married and it comes with a sigh of relief. Finally! I love you with all I am and for who I am when I’m with you. Many don’t realize that it was your idea to have the big wedding, I wanted to run away to Great Britain or Ireland and elope but you told me that you wanted to stand in front of our family and friends and demonstrate our relationship. Although I’ve nagged, organized, threatened and stressed over this wedding day, I am glad you convinced me to go forward the way you wanted to.
 
We’ve been through this year of wedding planning, combined with a buying a house, selling a condo, and moving twice…and each day I realize that we are a pair. When Burke first shared his idea of his ceremony speech with me, I realized how much his idea fit…I’ve looked so long for you and I can’t wait to spend my life getting to know you and us even more.
 
Please know these things:
  • I hate video games and wet socks (especially when those socks are on my feet).
  • I love being cooked for, unless it’s scalloped potatoes.
  • I have to make the bed every day…it just makes me feel good.
  • I don’t want you to sleep on my pillow…you heat it up and then it’s not cool when I get to sleep on it.
  • Put the (explicit) toilet seat down when you are done…I put the lid down too, it doesn’t kill anyone to do that.
  • I hate folding socks.
  • Sometimes I just want my mother’s version of potato soup…and I’m okay with you not having it, more for me.
  • I really don’t like tv on during the day, and yes as you read this you’ll notice I’m turning into my mother. I’m not okay with this discovery either but I’m not sure how to fight the inevitable. I’m okay with you turning into a version of your father, so we’ll call it a compromise.
  • Someday I want an el camino.
  • Never stop traveling with me…I want to go places and see things and experience the world, and I want to do it with you…so we can remember and rehash together.
  • I love you so much that it brings tears to my eyes. That’s the best I can do to describe how you make me feel.
 
        Love-
                Your wife
                       

No comments:

Post a Comment