Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Wedding: Details on Decor

Now that I’ve covered my 2 of my favorite parts…let’s keep going. In an attempt to keep it going I want to talk about décor details. Matt and I decided early on that we wanted to hire a decorator for a couple reasons and when we met with Lynell of “I Do, Balloons”, saw her style and creativity and was so glad that we got the opportunity to work with her. Matt was very involved in the details aspect because, as he put it…”I finally get to plan something without government red tape.”
Ceremony:
At the ceremony, we had a path that led our guests to the seated area. These signs were pieces of information about our relationship. Once you got to the seated area, we had a guest book table with the program attendants. The chairs had buckets of flowers on the end and at the end of the aisle was our arbor. It was gorgeous.
                     

Reception:
We loved the head table that she came up with, complete with my grandmother’s cake that she made specifically for us. We requested an angel food cake with a light frosting, which she colored pink. (We’ll talk more cake later).  We also loved our cake table that was so deep in cupcakes with 3 designs, a M + R, a red flower, and a simple R. I gotta shout out to my mother-in-law and her support team who ensured that we could put our cake topper on the stand. It looked beautiful.

The centerpieces were a combination of a simple flower that was floating, a submerged flower, and a manzanita tree with crystals and hydrangea. Now take these three options and surround them  with rose petals.
From the ceiling over the dance floor, we hung Chinese lanterns in white and gray. And in the lobby we decorated with our mileage sign, a few canvas prints, and we had a snack bar complete with pretzels (original and spicy), cheese balls, and pub mix.
ALR on the phone with Lynell: “Thanks so much for all you’ve done. Now I know that Matt’s aunt is holding one of you center pieces hostage. Is this okay?”
Lynell: “She asked…of course it’s just fine, I’m not sure where it’s going.”
ALR: “To Pennsylvania!”

No comments:

Post a Comment