Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Wedding: Family: What's mine is yours!

We left my parents house after gift opening and got to take Judy and Chris up to Lansford and it was so great getting to have a bit of one on one time with them…where we even got to hear some great stories about what was happening during the day of the wedding, like the cupcakes with the R (so glad I decided to do them). And also got to hear a bit more about their new place and their lives and Judy’s coming grandson, Liam.

We got to Lansford and it was great to keep surrounded by family and friends. We stayed the night to have breakfast with the group and Matt and I were reluctant to say good bye. It wasn’t a long enough stay even though he did get the grandchild talk, but it was hard to say good bye to his amazing family. I’m not quite sure what energy we were living off of, maybe it was plain ol’wedding and love high. But I was so glad we decided to take the extra day and spend it with more family.

We headed back to Bismarck to run a couple errands including returning the tuxes, returning the cake stand (I kept the stand cover that Michele and Co. renovated for us), and pick up some candids from Lynn. I couldn’t believe Lynn had taken so many and revised and resized and had them ready for us! These along with the amazing pics from Dee, Matt’s family friend, are what I’ve been posting to the blog and Matt and I have been enjoying and reliving the moments with. I can’t believe how wonderful that was to have them! We loaded the pick up with all the gifts we could squeeze in and sat down to talk with Dad for a bit.

We had a bit of an upset on Friday, before we headed off to rehearsal dinner, Matt and I got news that Doug (Dad’s cousin’s husband) Neibauer had passed away that morning from a heart attack. It was a pain to my heart for him and his family. What a great man who loved his family and was respected by those that knew him. He had been known for working hard and was quick to smile (especially when it came to his grandkids and family). They had been planning to come to our wedding and I knew how a weekend that we would be celebrating would be painstaking for Viv, Keeta, Matt and their family. When the option became available to us, Matt and I decided that we would stop in for the prayer service. What was incredibly amazing to both Matt and I was when we sat down on Monday night to open cards, the first card that we opened (chosen randomly from the stack) was from Doug and Viv. It took my breath away.

Best meal: On the way out of Lansford, we quickly stopped by Sonic and grabbed cherry limeades to make the drive to Bismarck. MMMMMMM…took me back to my first one that I had in California with Jason.

ALR (Monday morning): I think the tiredness is catching up with me…I actually slept 6 consecutive hours…longest I’ve slept since last Wednesday night! Those nights of naps were really starting to irritate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment