Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Wedding: 3:00am

So there we are…heading up to the room. I’m happy but I’m tired and ready to take out my beautiful hair and get peeled out of my dress. We walk into the room. No lights. Matt goes into the bathroom, no lights. Hmmm…crap. The tricky part to is that I have to stand with the door open so we have any type of light at all to see.

Matt calls down to the front desk, explains the situation and they assume that they’ve blown a breaker, which apparently happens often. They tell us to give it a few minutes.

Ten minutes go by. Still dark. Matt calls again to see what’s up. I’m now laying in the chair with my leg wrapped around the door. I love my dress but I was also ready to be done with it for the day. They say they are sending up a maintenance guy.

That’s when I asked the great question…Is this something that your stupid brother would do, thinking he’s funny? Matt responds: No, he’s been really respectful and he wouldn’t do this to us.

Another fifteen minutes go by, Matt calls again. The front desk staff asks if they can come up to see what’s going on. We say, sure. They come up and realize that some lamps are unplugged and suddenly the “light bulb” comes on….She says, someone has taken out the light bulbs. Sure enough, there are no light bulbs in the bathroom, any of the lights and lamps, the overhead room light. That’s when I start really looking. There’s no towels, there’s no toilet paper, there’s no toiletries, they have removed the batteries on from the remotes (jokes on you for that one, I don’t really care about tv and had no intention to turn it on), they set the room to 45 degrees, but the forced stop is 65 (another joke on you, it actually felt good). When we finally find the light bulbs (high in a closet) and in attempts to grab them, a few roll and break.

Now I’m a bit irritated. This hotel, which has been so good to us with the event, the party room, the food, the help, the questions/answers, everything, and this is one of their busiest weekends of the year and these morons have to go and screw with us, which results in taking more of the hotel's time. They had other situations to take care of. I’m also a bit irritated about the toilet paper. I can take a joke, but they are dang lucky that my aunt helped me go to the bathroom before Matt and I headed up to the room. I may not be talking to them yet if something would have played differently there. So do I think they owe a few apologies, yes. They should have been apologetic to the maid that cleaned our room with the broken bulbs the next day and the front desk staff that wasted their time while they were enjoying a party room that was being set up and cleaned up by the hotel. (rant over but they are lucky Matt and I are good natured)

Now it was confessed that there were multiple parties involved including a brother of the groom and a best man, and there may have been others but the dumb brother won’t snitch…so he’ll get all the “credit” and I told him I don’t have a hard time remember that I’ll get him back.

Bust into Eric’s room, morning of Sept 8 (as I had a key)
Eric: “Well how are you doing?”
ALR: “Fricken fantastic. Wannah know why? Because by the time we found the light bulbs that you hid, I dropped them and didn’t realize they had broken until I stepped on them. And thank you for taking all the bulbs because in order to get the glass out of the bottom of my foot, we had to go to the lobby where there was light and when the front desk clerk saw us, they wouldn’t let us take the glass out because of the blood…they sent us to the ER…IN MY WEDDING DRESS, which Matt had stepped on in the dark and tore up the back. We just got back from the hospital…to the maintenance team in our room because someone set the air at 45 degrees, freezing and shorting the entire unit, so that’s another present I get to buy for my WEDDING!!! We have $1000 bill, THANK you VERY much, EEEEric!”
Eric: now, sitting up in bed, looking at me, sheepishly “It never meant to get that bad.”
ALR: “It didn’t….but it could’ve! .............You are lucky I can take a joke.”

No comments:

Post a Comment