Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Wedding: Vowing for all my life

While I loved the private reveal moment that Matt had with our first looks in my dress and him in his tux, my other favorite moment was our ceremony. It was the most at peace, calming, thisiswherei’msupposedtobe moment I’ve ever had in my life. From the first opening of “Who gives Amanda to Matthew?” with my father’s response of “Her mother and I do.” To the end where we heard our first official Mr. and Mrs. Remynse…it was an amazing, special time that I look forward to remembering. I’ve been posting as many elements of the ceremony as possible, but this post is really what the ceremony was all about.

Matt and I planned every section of our ceremony and when it came to our vows, we knew what we wanted to include and what we cherished in our relationship. The tears did flow a bit more than I was prepared for, but it was where they came from that surprised me. Matt’s love was overwhelming and his emotion on his face and in his voice touched my heart in a way either of us was prepared for. I also appreciate my sister’s honest tears, as their shameless falling was touching and it felt amazing that she understood and was happy for Matt and I.
After the vows were read, Tiffany and Brendan signed our marriage license. We also took a moment and hugged our parents who have been such a big part of our day and our lives.
But in all my life, I've never been so glad to hear, you may kiss your bride.

Matthew, will you have this woman to be your wife, to live together in marriage? Will you love her and give her your respect? Will you comfort, honor, and keep her in sickness and in health, in joy and in sorrow, so long as love and life shall endure?"
I will

"I, Matthew, take you, Amanda, as my wife, to care for you and trust you, to cherish you and respect you, to forgive you and be forgiven by you. I will love you in good times and in bad, when we are together and when we are apart. I promise to be ever faithful, today and for all our tomorrows."


Amanda, will you have this man to be your husband, to live together in marriage? Will you love him and give him your respect? Will you comfort, honor, and keep him in sickness and in health, in joy and in sorrow, so long as love and life shall endure?"
I will

"I, Amanda, take you, Matthew, as my husband, to care for you and trust you, to cherish you and respect you, to forgive you and be forgiven by you. I will love you in good times and in bad, when we are together and when we are apart. I promise to be ever faithful, today and for all our tomorrows."

Song the wedding party walked down the aisle to: Elton John - Your Song
Song we signed the marriage certificate to: Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors - What would I do Without You.
Song we kissed to and walked back down the aisle to: Mumford and Sons - I Will Wait and Lumineers - Hey, Ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment