Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Wedding: Reception

As the meal came to an end…we set the stage for our Best Man and Maid of Honor. They gave us beautiful toasts as a tribute to our relationships and a celebration of Matt and I. Matt and I noticed that Brendan was fully prepared with a typed address but in true Tiff style, she shot from the hip and delivered! I won’t forget her three bell address (Boxing ring bells, Cow bells, and Wedding bells)!
Our cake was wonderful. We did 2 things…1 we had cupcakes because of the ease in making, ease in transport, and no need for a cake cutter. Aside from the cupcakes, we wanted a cake to cut and since Matt doesn’t like cake and desserts, this became tricky. When it was reminded to me that he liked Angel food, I couldn’t help but hope that my grandmother would make it for us. She makes the best, from scratch angel food. We were so happy when she said yes, but we were even happier when we cut into our cake and enjoyed a few bites! She had even brought her 25th anniversary knife and we used that to cut our cake.  The only change I would have made with the cake is that I wish she would have told us that she had taken the knife after we were done using it!
 From the seating, to the clanging, to the dinner, to the cake and toasts, and the draining of the second keg (which also lasted approximately 45 minutes), it was an amazing dinner. We wanted to ensure that that room of people, who were there to support us and our families had even a vague idea of how touching it was that they were there to support us on one of our most important days in our life. I'm not sure if we can ever thank people enough and my only wish for the day is that we could have visited with more people and thanked them on the day...it was absolutely an amazing reception!
Best meal: If we had to pick for the day what was the best meal, I would honestly say that cake! I'm actually excited for our one year anniversary to bring it out of the freezer!

No comments:

Post a Comment