Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Wedding: Nothing like you and I

So there I was…September 7….watching the rain fall. Hair up. Veil in. Make up complete. Watching.

Mom started driving me home and I realized that we had to change plans. Mom called Matt and the two of them decided that the reveal would have to be moved from the farm, which was the original plan, to the golf course. But the big thing was…we were running late now! Matt and I were to do the initial meeting at 12 and it was 12 when the decision was made.

When I walked in the door, we bagged my dress, my shoes, my jewelry, an overnight bag, and more to go to the course to get me ready. As my mom and dad debated their plan and what to do with my sister, I jumped into my personal attendant’s Aunt Janice’s car and we headed off to Hawktree. It was a nervous drive. I remember thinking the car was crawling because I wanted to be there, I wanted to be in my dress, and I wanted to be with him.

So there I was in the bathroom at Hawktree working to get ready with Janice and then my mother. The butterflies hadn’t really stopped since 9:00 and they were continuing to roll as we got into the undergarments, had Mom lace me into the dress, had Janice put on my earrings and necklace, and I slipped into my shoes.

Looking back, it was very symbolic….my father, mother, and sister walked to me to the reveal point where I could see Matt’s tall, dark, and handsome back to me. They carried the dress to ensure it wasn’t being drug in the grass or wetness and finally I knew, I remember saying let me go and just started walking towards him. That’s when my tears began to come. This was what I had been waiting for, it’s what I wanted for the whole day and my whole life. And then I saw his face.

It was a moment I wouldn’t forget for anything. We just stared. Then we both cried at bit and held each other. It was my favorite moment of the day. I was so glad we had it.

From there, pictures of us began. We went out into the course with the Ken and Kim, our 2 photographers. We were on one cart, they were on another. This was an amazing kick off for our day. It reminded me that I was glad that we did it so personal, so us. We had some golf specific shots but the course’s landscape also let us get back to our natural roots.

There was the occasional sprinkling…but it was absolutely amazing to prep the day with husband, especially when we could see the ceremony set up just on the bluff.

MJR: You look absolutely beautiful, I love this dress

No comments:

Post a Comment