Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

Wedding: Social Hour & Dinner

After the ceremony ended…we enjoyed the receiving line, a great one on one connection time. My father said it took too long, but I loved every minute. It was great to feel the love and support of those that had just experienced one of our most special moments. Let’s remind everyone of the weather, which had created puddles during the morning and had held since 12:00…and with just a few people left in the receiving line, the rain decided to come down. And Matt and I decided without a hesitation, we were staying as long as people were willing to. I didn’t realize until all of the sudden it sounded different that Jon Berger, one of our host couples, was holding an umbrella over Matt and I. How sweet!

We took our party bus drive with the wedding party to the hotel and enjoyed the calm that further settled in. I also loved seeing my husband grab me into his lap and enjoyed the ride!

When we got to the hotel, Matt and I were to do our walk through of the reception hall to ensure that everything looked how we wanted…and it was another private moment that we I enjoyed where we looked at the head table, the reserved table, the cake table, the dance floor, the center pieces…it all was beautiful.
From there, we opened the doors for the guests and came into the social hour. We enjoyed the snack bar that we set but also saw our beer pourers who took their jobs pretty seriously because it wasn’t long before we were told we were through our first keg, our response…..Open the second. The first keg lasted approximately 45 minutes!

When we sat down to dinner, it was an amazing plate. Our menu included roast beef with gravy, mashed potatoes, and vegetables Normandy. Matt and I did have a bit different plate, we were served a citrus dill salmon on rice pilaf with vegetables Normandy. The kids were served chicken strips with a side of steak fries. We were so happy to hear so many good things about the portions, temperature, and taste of the meal. We had been concerned about this and we were impressed with what the hotel put together.
 The clanking of the glasses was great. While we were warned about possibly putting limitations on the crowd (singing a song, kiss before, etc), I was firmly against it. This will be the only time that we will have that experience…and I loved each moment and each kiss…even the ones that I missed (while I was having my veil removed).
Best Meal: first meal as husband and wife.

Clang clang clang clang clang
ALR & MJR kiss
“Get a room!”
MJR: “We have one!”

No comments:

Post a Comment