Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2014

On the Third Day

ON the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me…..decorations!
There’s something to be said for decorating for the holidays. It changes the way the house feels, it brings out things that make me reminiscent of the past and also puts the holiday season right in your face. The tree is an obvious decoration, that went up first but we have others, the wreaths around the house (I have multiples, I like them….quit judging), the stockings/mantel décor (see future post), the pillows, the garland, the ornaments, the glass figurines, and the lights. I’ve collected so many of my things over the years in random places and from different people. I love that I can grab the Welcome sign that Janice got me or the ceramic deer that my mother gave me when I was younger and it takes me back. I have poinsettias as I think of the one my mother has had for years. It was a welcome feeling to bring the holiday boxes out of the basement and feel that rush of home and nostalgia at the same time.

(looking at the stair decorations, ornaments hanging from ribbons)
MJR: The cats are going to play with those. It's going to be irritating.
ALR: No they aren't.... Scrooge. 
5 minutes later.
ALR: Damn it, Lola, quit making his point.



No comments:

Post a Comment