Pages

Monday, December 15, 2014

400

We’ve reached a major milestone with the blog. 400 posts. This is where Uncle Kevin would make some comment about 100 of them being wedding. And I would tell him that he’s wrong, it’s really only 22.5 that are about the wedding. And if he thinks that that number is big, he’s been mentioned in the blog in 38 posts.

The blog has come a long way from the first post on a New Year’s Day in 2009. Some things have been added on a regular basis, the best meal, the conversations from our home, pet shaming and letters from Nike, and travel excursions that highlight each day.

Since creating the blog, I’ve lived in 7 houses – I only counted the farm once even though I’ve been there for 2 summers at different times. This means that the blog has had 7 different titles reflecting our current address. The name 236 in the web address is a tribute to the first house that I bought in Dickinson.

A couple of things on the blogging, no, I don’t blog about making things or recipes or crafts or ways to train our cats (I get this “what do you blog about question” often). I blog about our life and the simple daily activities that happen. The blog is merely a snapshot of our progression of life. It has settled arguments, it has reminded us of memories, meals, and more and the pictures provide visual representation of where we are at in life – no matter what address we are at.

I’m fully aware that we are not jet setters and have a glamorous life. Heck, it’s going to be a big blog when Matt shaves his face…talk about excitement at its finest. But the blog is a little peek behind our front door narrated by my stream of consciousness – I think it’s a decent read.

I’ll close with some visual stats.

Most popular posts. Bob, is Matt's Grandfather. I've placed his obit here for us to reread at anytime. Matt's Trip Down Memory Lane is a weekend "staycation" in Grand Forks.
















Labels are tagged to each blog post, stating what it's about. The top blog label used to be "weekend". It's only recently shifted. The "Matt" label probably isn't accurate as he makes almost all the blogs.

This is a picture overview of the entire blog. You'll see the traffic, the page views, the global view. I know a lot of this is "ad" reviews so I don't think I'm an international sensation. But you'll see the major spike is the wedding as we put a link from our RSVP to the blog and we always put the link in our Christmas card. 


ALR: Do you see this, this couple has a notebook and they both write in it. It's like their marriage diary. Isn't that nice. 
MJR: That's why we have the blog.
ALR: You don't write in it.
MJR: You always do a nice job.
ALR: That's a cop-out compliment, but I guess I'll take it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment