Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

On the Sixth Day

On the sixth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me….wrapping presents.

So here’s something you didn’t know about our house, we have a living room AND a Den. We had the same problem in Dickinson that we have in Bismarck. We have no furniture for the living room, because it all goes into the den. Famous words by a pretty cute kid, “What happened to your couch” upon seeing our living room. Wendy, my aunt, has suggested that she do what they did, use it for a putting green, if clubs and balls are cleaned and the putter is the only club that enters the room, I don’t have a problem with that. The problem is my husband doesn’t have control and then the putting becomes chipping and wedging and we have a whole in the wall and a very angry Amanda.

This is my father-in-laws present...I couldn't
reveal too much of the disaster that room has been.
So back to the opportunity at hand, no furniture in the living room. I’ve officially turned it into the “present staging area” because if it’s turned into the “wrapping room” I have a feeling someone is going to think he’s very funny coming into the room pretending to be Will Smith or Vanilla Ice or Macklemore. So it’s the present staging area where we…I mean, I box all the presents, wrap them, and then label them before going under the tree.

The cats have been just as much help as the husband, maybe less because they feel they need to be involved and climb into bags, boxes, and mangle the tissue paper and the wrapping paper. Despite the fact that we don’t do ribbon (Because TD eats it), it’s been a beautiful mess of Christmas chaos. I do have a system that I have put into play a few years ago, this helps with the multiple families and multiple Christmases, so its organizes Christmas chaos. I have found the floor, so that may mean that I’m finding the bottom of the wrapping!

Best meal this week: Simple Greek Chicken, Matt says it can be put into our “regular rotation” or go on our restaurant that we’ll open someday menu.

MJR: Oh, I have a big box!
ALR: That’s not your box, that’s for my aunt. That paper is used for the Dagman’s.
MJR: Oh, that is a big box, that must be for me. 
ALR: No, that paper is for my family. That’s my Dad.
MJR: Oh, look at....
ALR: That's your parent's paper. Not yours.

MJR: Which one is OUR paper then? 

No comments:

Post a Comment