Pages

Friday, December 12, 2014

On the First Day....

My husband has a love of the Christmas classic: The twelve days of Christmas. The cats and I, even Nike, are sick of hearing about gooses goosing and milking maids and piping drummers. I actually told him I can’t listen to any more versions last night as he’s ruining the song for me. But I will honor his love of this song by doing the Remynse 12 days of Christmas highlighting the days up to the holiday.

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me…A Christmas Tree.

This is a big deal in our house….I like the artificial while Matt wants the real. I want to put up shortly after Thanksgiving, he feels that decorating should wait until Christmas Eve. We have worked out a compromise. We get a real tree every other year. Matt lives for these years and has officially measured the height we can get in the house based off the ceilings that we have. The max will be 11 feet. The house on hillside could have 19 feet.

Here’s the issues of a real tree, actually there’s only 1: Nike. She eats the branches, she hides in/under the tree, and she thinks the water is her own personal fountain.
 This year, we decided on a few more compromises. We got a tree skirt that we both like and we got a star that we both agreed on. We also put up a few LEDs.

We didn’t have as a much help as we anticipated. Lola was highly interested but TonyDanza couldn’t have cared less and Nike laid under it the entire time. There was some old classics to see and some new favorites that we put on the tree. 
The big difference this year from past years is that we had to decorate it 360 degrees because of our location in the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment