Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Goodbye and Goodnight, 2014.

Okay, I wasn’t going to do a last post of the year post, I really wasn’t.

Then I did something, I looked at the picture on my desk, from the first summer that Matt and I dated. The picture that he had printed for me. And I realized that that girl in the picture is not the same girl that sits here typing at the desk. Life has twisted and turned in various shades and shapes over the course of a couple summers. I decided to find the first pictures of Matt and I of this year to see if I “knew” that person. Ironically both pictures presented unique sides. I know both of these people… I feel like Father Time looking at Baby New Year. Both of these people had so much to learn over the course of a year. Both had things to discover, deal with, and dissect.

Although I write this post in the middle of the day versus the end of the day on the last day of the year, I can predict the end of 2014, which was like a giant roller coaster, I will be in sweatpants, with a belly filled with ribeye steak, watching TV with at least one cat in my lap. Maybe I'll be awake by midnight, but I have a feeling I won't. I'll get a kiss before I close my eyes, sealing away the last few minutes of 2014.
 Dear 2015, go easy on us. Love – The Remynses.

No comments:

Post a Comment