Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2014

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like......

December. Christmas. It’s here.

There’s something about Christmas this year that feels wonderful. I’m probably way behind the 8-ball on this year but it almost feels like I don’t care. It’s just wonderful. First weekend of December and we are in full holiday swing. 

We made a trip back to Dickinson to help out with a Scentsy booth with my director, we’d done this at my birthday and it worked really well so we replicated it again for the holiday show. There was good attendance and we did a good amount of sales. Was fun to be with a few friends as Jo and I hung out all day at the show but we also visited Kay, Jess, and the kids and we stayed with Rick and Shantelle. Matt went out bird hunting a bit and brought back some to make pheasant jerky.

We also went and picked up our Christmas tree. We were very happy with the customer service that we got at Cashman’s Nursery. We brought it into the house that night and set it up for its final fall. I know Matt loves the real tree, when he brought it in the door he keyed up “Oh, Christmas Tree” for the grand entrance. I also picked up a wreath that looks beautiful on our front door. 
Best meal: this is a tough one, we haven’t been good meal planners lately. I threw in a crockpot chicken dinner that had Matt a bit worried (Hawaiian Chicken) but I was very happy with how it turned out. I’d probably have to say that Dad stopping over last week, while Mom was in Vegas, and I picked up chicken was a great meal too. Nice to have him over. 

Little known Matt fact: Matt usually takes 1 line out of a song and sings that line over and over to the point that murder is threatened, 2 lines if I’m lucky. However, it has been proven to me over and over again that he knows the whole Twelve Days of Christmas song. In entirety. Not. Joking.

MJR: This version if very hard to sing to. Four calling birds, three French hens…..
ALR: This version?
MJR: Yes.
ALR: It’s the muppets. They are even singing the real version.
MJR: I don’t know, it’s just very difficult to sing with them.
ALR: Because of the 5 Golden Rings?
MJR: Yes.
ALR: So you are saying you are upset with Miss Piggy?
MJR: YES! 

Dear Grandma and Grandpa -
I'm writing you from this place you left me. I thought when you visited at Thanksgiving you were going to rescue me. You misled me. You could have at the very least removed those other two from this place. I had great plans to sneak into your car so we could go back. I promise I won't puke in the car this time. The only good thing that has happened recently is they brought a large tree into the house. I'm using it for my ambush point. Amanda isn't impressed. She is dead to me and has no authority anyway. Matt is wonderful, but you already knew that. Visit soon. I'm working on my escape plan to return as they are starving me here. I'm protesting by only eating one brand of food. I think it's winning because it irritates Amanda.
Nike
P.s. Tell Dexter to get off my window seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment