Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2014

On the Ninth Day

On the ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me......holiday baking and cooking.

Now you'll notice that many of these things my true love did not give to me OR did not take part in. Don't get me wrong, he was super involved in the tree decorating and mantel...but who are you kidding if you believed that he wrapped more than 2 presents (mine don't count in this but he even pawned off wrapping some of mine on his office manager). He also didn't write the Christmas Card or decorate the front door or get involved in the holiday baking/cookie. We do make jerky around this time of the year, he did manage and execute this...so maybe he had a piece in the baking/making.

This year has been hard to motivate for cookie and baking. I had big plans for certain items and that's really gone by the wayside. I made a toffee bark, I screwed up caramels, I made chex mix, Matt processed jerk (pheasant and deer), and I thought about other things - even planned to make sugar cookies, pretty sure I can put those cutters away, Somethings still have to be made, like cheeseballs or appetizer dips, which some people do not consider holiday baking but I couldn't imagine a holiday season without a cheeseball.

The holiday started off with so much energy, I think it's wearing me down!

1 comment: