Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Good-Bye 2011.

Top Things of 2011 - In no particular order.

1. New Job: Working for KK Bold has been a great experience-something new every day. I’m excited to see what is coming for me and my clients in the coming year.

2. Living with my parents: As much as I joke about the torture, I owe so much to my parents for helping me out and letting me crash with them for 100 days this summer. It was nice to get back there and be on the farm again. I can't thank them enough.

3. Friend memories with laughs and miles: Whether it was a trip to the Sioux game, a trip to the Buckskin, shoveling the driveway, or having martinis, I realize I have surrounded myself with an fabulous group of supporting friends and love that I get to make memories with them whenever I can.

4. Elton John: Amazing concert with an amazing person, so glad that Grace and I were able to take this in.

5. Matt: Aside from being tall, dark, and handsome, he brings a smile to my face and has been there so much for me the past year. He's one of the best things of 2011, no question about it. The other wonderful thing about him is the package deal of his family and friends, who has been so good to me and has welcomed me with open arms…literally; they are huggers (especially his uncle)!

6. Selling my house: After much huffing, puffing, crying, pouting, and extra work, the house finally was sold. I miss many things about it, it’s hard to explain but gives great definition to the term bittersweet.

7. Cabo: My first trip to Mexico was full of sun, fun, and food. Amazing views and company, makes me want to plan another trip soon.

8. Moving…not once but twice: Moving to Mom and Dad’s house was once and then moving to a duplex apartment to rent with all my stuff. It’s working for right now but I do have an accepted offer on another place that is being built. I hope to close in April.

9. Summer: Whether it was camping or sticking close to home, it was a great summer full of sun. This season extended well into a wonderful Fall and a Winter that hasn't been too rough on me.

10. Discovered Yoga: I didn’t plan on this being a top 10 but I have really fallen for this practice and I look forward to it each week.

11. (This is from TonyDanza and Lola) No dogs after suffering for a year and a half. (I liked living with Bell, but they are anti-dog, especially anti-weiner dog)

Honorable Mentions:
-Saw Alaina receive her diploma
-Riding in a parade
-Made it through the Denver Airport
-Was elected for another term on the NDYP board
-Got a smart phone, again
-Went tubing
-Saw the new barn go up in place of the old barn
-Matt will actually take me camping again, because I’m really good at it
-Saying Good-bye to Mel and happy to hear she’s succeeding in her move
-Having my friends have life-changing events (babies, engagements)
-Bought some cows
-Playing matchmaker for a good friend
-Survived a hunting trip/Remynse Retreat
-Went to hockey games
-Had amazing food…whether it was camping, seafood in Mexico, or from Matt’s personal kitchen, I ate well this year. (Future gym visits are planned)
-Celebrated a birthday in Hebron
-Was continually amazed by my family

All in all, 2011 was a year of transitions and tears. These were not all sad or tragic but a year where everything was a moving target that has lead me to a great place in my life. I look forward to what 2012 can bring.

“I can’t hear “Auld Lang Syne” without a tear coming to my eye, especially if it has a saxophone.”—Amanda Lynn Moser

No comments:

Post a Comment