Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Roller Coaster in Denver

So despite our plans to spend Sunday relaxing, unpacking, and prepping for reality of the real-world, we woke up at the Quality Inn at Tower Road in Denver to go to the airport on the last day of our vacation.

I won’t relive this entire day but say that we started the day with 3 missions: 1. Find our bags, 2. Get home, and 3. Get our bags home.

It only took us 14 hours to do this.
This is the most time I’ve spent in the airport.

Some things that we did:
1. Visit Great Lakes Customer Service
2. Eat Lunch
3. Walk around
4. Get on a plane to be kicked off based on weight restrictions
5. Have afternoon snack
6. Watch people board
7. Ride the escalators and walking escalators
8. Look at airplanes
9. Eat Supper
10. Read
11. Watch the snow come down
12. Watch the planes come in
13. Watch the Denver/Minneapolis Game
14. Wonder if the Minneapolis Airport is more fun and wonder if they are watching the Minneapolis/Denver Game
15. Watch people unboard because their plane couldn’t take off
16. Watch kids misbehave
17. Watch the Arrival and Departure TVs
18. Watch the ticket counter
19. Watch snow removal
20. Visited United Customer Service
21. Visit Delta Customer Service,
22. Visit United Customer Service, again
23. Call United Customer Service
24. Hang up on Bob from United Customer Service’s call center in Pakistan
25. Drink a beer
26. Read
27. Examine the tiles on concourse A to determine they are mosaics of people

And the saddest thing that we did:
28. Watch my bag sit on the runway
Oh wait, excuse me as I know that Mr. Airport will read this…not runway, the ramp.

They had told that both of our bags had gone ahead of us to Dickinson. They lied. I told them that. Ahhh, airports make me crazy sometimes.

We finally got on a flight, got through de-icing twice, and were finally able to take off. What a trip! I’m just glad that Mr. Airport was there to work through things and I’m glad that we made it back without having to rent a car and drive back.

“I don't like waiting in airports for my bags. Even worse, I don't like waiting in airports when my bags are lost.”—Steve Waugh

No comments:

Post a Comment