Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Okay enough of the fun stuff, while I’ve been working on capturing the trip, reality has still been happening and now I realize that it’s 5 days before Christmas and it seems too soon. I don’t know if it’s adulthood or the trip or what but I feel like Christmas should be a couple months away still.

This past weekend, I took Matt to the Dagman Christmas. There was 26.5 people there (.5 is new baby Tyler) and Matt didn’t run screaming. It was a great day with amazing food and great conversation. Matt made a cheese ball (under my direction) and it was deemed a success and made him an instant favorite. It was also fun to see Ambour’s kids open presents,

Other things that have been going on since we’ve got back is the smazing weather. It has been in the 50’s in December. It’s been great for multiple reasons including my own sanity and Matt’s snow removal involvement. It has gotten cold at nights so when Matt was in Bismarck, we put plastic on the windows. I did have a laugh when I came home after a day of the plastic being up and there was a Lola-shaped head hole in one. We’ll have to repair and figure out how to not have her “attempt” to get into the sill. Poor little thing probably had a headache after that.

This weekend is Christmas. I’ll be spending Christmas Eve with Dad’s family at the farm and Christmas day at the farm. I’ll then head out to Dickinson to spend the evening and Boxing Day with Matt and his parents. I’m looking forward to the family and plans.

“The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.”—Burton Hillis

No comments:

Post a Comment