Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Spas and Scubas

Wednesday morning started early again. We had been waking up at 7ish each morning. I loved seeing the sun come in the sheer curtains and he loved hearing the waves at night. We separated ways this morning and each did our own thing. He went scuba diving at the places that we had been the day before and I took a trip to the spa.

I liked when we came back together and shared our experiences. I admit I’m a little jealous. I would have loved to see the things that he saw: the shark, the colors of the fish, the seahorse, the turtle, and the possibility of the sea lions in the water. I wish our underwater cameras could have gone that far. I was excited with how happy he was with it.

I had a treatment called “the Sea of Cortez” it was a hot stone massage combined with a facial. It was pretty amazing and not at all like I thought it was going to be. The stones were heated up hotter than I anticipated and put in certain spots: my hands, feet, back, back of knees, forehead, hips, eye sockets, and even my collar bone. I left the spa feeling amazing.

We relaxed a bit with each other while we shared what happened and went downtown to shop a bit. Matt had a tougher time haggling than I did. The funny thing about Cabo is that you don’t need to exchange your money, most people deal in US dollars. So when we had a majority of peso and we were dealing in dollars, we had to convert back. That made more trouble for some of the street merchants. When working over a gift for his parents, he finally got to the right price and the arguing actually began over what it was from pesos to dollars. However when Matt says 4x5=20 and the merchant says 4x5=9, you can understand that language wasn’t the only barrier.

We finished off the night with the resort’s Beach Night. The evening was a little mortifying for me especially after we were part of the couple’s balloon relay event. We had some trouble popping balloons and we were the couple to take last. I’m not a great loser, especially when I embarrass myself while doing it! Oh my! At least the night ended up nice sitting on Kevin and Kim’s balcony.

Found this quote and made me laugh when I thought of baby Amelia, and how rough her week was! Ha!
“Babies don't need a vacation, but I still see them at the beach... it pisses me off! I'll go over to a little baby and say 'What are you doing here? You haven't worked a day in your life!' ”—Steven Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment