Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

And we were married…

For 90 minutes.
We went through a timeshare presentation for the neighboring resort and doing this granted us food credits at our resort. Part of being considered for the presentation (and the food credit) required us to be 28, married, and gainfully employed. After the 90 minutes and we did our walk of shame back to Playa Grande, our resort, we became unmarried and laughed about the possibilities.

After our morning matrimony, we finally got to go snorkeling. We took a “glass bottom boat” out to Land’s End and the Arch for a tour and ended up on Lover’s Beach. There I need to acknowledge what an amazing boyfriend I had. As we started to go in the water I became scared. I couldn’t breathe with the snorkel tubes, I kept guzzling salt water, I kept floundering when I lost my footing and I wondered what I was going to do. Matt was so patient and talked me through it; he waited while I became comfortable and stuck close as I fought against the waves and the urge to breathe through my nose. It was well worth the fight though. The experience was like anything I had ever seen. We went around Pelican Rock which was so deep. We saw schools of fish of all colors and the plant life. It was pretty amazing. We did take some pics with an underwater camera. I have high hopes that they will turn out.

After swimming, we beached it for a while. Between the gallons of ocean water and the novelty that I had gotten sea sick on our ocean tour on the boat, I wasn’t feeling too hot. I was also very aware that I was carrying a portion of the beach in my swim suit. I didn’t protest when he turned on the tv and I recouped with 7up and Ritz crackers. I'm sorry to the maid who cleaned the sand out of the tub.

That night we ate well again. We ate at the resort for seafood night. I enjoyed a huge plate of paella and Matt had an amazing tune steak. I ate off that paella for almost 3 days. It was even better recooked. It didn’t taste like mine but I was happy with it still.

“When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money. “ –Susan Heller

No comments:

Post a Comment