Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Office Time, Air Time, and Family Time

By Thursday, we were realizing that we were coming to the end of our trip. However that didn’t deter our mid-morning plans. We headed to “The Office” which was right next door to Billygan’s. The restaurant is tables and chairs sunk down in the sand and the ceiling is comprised of umbrellas. We enjoyed another bucket of beverage and chips and salsa.

Although we were told we may not be able to parasail, after asking we found out that we could go! We jumped the next boat and was taken out past the three cruise ships and hooked to a parachute by a carabineer and elevated into the sky. I loved the view from above but what amazed me was how quiet it was. You couldn’t hear the waves, or the boats, or the motors. All you could hear was each other. Matt didn’t handle the heights so well, so it wasn’t the romantic experience I had anticipated but the memory makes me smile for sure.

The day ended with a family meal at Hacienda Coyote, an authentic Mexican restaurant. I had an amazing cream of corn soup that I wasn’t 100% sold on it until I tried it! I had an amazing lobster meal with this great sauce. I couldn’t even tell you what Matt had as I was engrossed in my meal. I think I remember something about him having enchiladas, maybe, or a mole sauce, maybe. They also rolled a tequila cart over for a sniff and sample after-dinner drink.

We hooked up with the rest of the family for a final-final drink and Leo, Kim’s Dad, shared what a Mexican coffee was. I like a drink that involved fire, sugar, tequila, and a show.

Surprisingly, this was the only night that we didn't feel well. Based off the possibility of what could have happened, we’ll take it!

“I was taken in by the bravado and the sounds of Mexico... not so much the music, but the spirit.” –Herb Alpert

No comments:

Post a Comment