Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

How to have an anniversary...

This past weekend was our second anniversary... and we took it slow! We did celebrate with a few people. My parents came out...we celebrated their anniversary as well since we hadn't had them over for their 35th in May. I blame planting and traveling...this is a 50:50 share. They got us the cutest gift, two little Dutch cement kissers. I've had my eye on them for a while but now I can't wait to put them out in the yard next spring!

We also celebrated with Todd, Fern, and Kim, who were involved in our wedding. It was fun to talk memories and have them remind us what a good time they also had. It's pretty easy to say that my wedding was the best day ever but when people agree, it warms my heart. (They may not make that extreme of a statement, but I do, and that's all that matters.)

On the specific day, we went golfing...which we also did last year but we chose a different course. It did downpour a bit, but if Phil plays in the rain, so can we. Afterall, it's not the first time it's rained on September 7th.

We also started shopping for a king bed, maybe it's going to be next year's gift...but it is such a nice idea! We have some ideas of what we want but now it's just the finding and paying for it that's the tricky thing!

Best meal: Harvest....we decided to treat ourselves to Harvest Brazillian Grille....we weren't disappointed. Matt even splurged for two desserts.

Getting ready in the morning....
MJR: I had the weirdest dream last night. I dreamed the cats were puking.
ALR: (turns to stare): That wasn't a dream. TonyDanza started puking at 5:55 this morning on the bed.
MJR: On the bed? I didn't see or feel puke?
ALR: That's because I shot out of bed and rushed him into the bathroom.
MJR: Did he puke?
ALR: Twice.
MJR: Oh.

Two days later, before shutting the life off, while laying in bed...
MJR: I hope I sleep better tonight than last night.
ALR: Oh?
MJR: Yeah, I dreamed that my alarm was going off.
ALR: (Hits him) THAT'S BECAUSE IT WAS GOING OFF
MJR: What?
ALR: At midnight...and you kept hitting snooze until I got pissed at 1:15 and told you to shut the effer off!
MJR: Are you sure?
ALR: AHHH! YES! I'm beginning to worry about "your dreams"

No comments:

Post a Comment