Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2015

How to creep into your mid-thirties...

It's been a crazy week, not sure if it's the continuation of the summer or a sign of the fall. We started off the weekend at the Community Bowl with Fern and Kim and watched Robert with the Dickinson Midgets beat the Bismarck Demons. I'll be the first to admit I struggle with sports, especially football, but it was fun to watch the team, the plays, and Kim get excited as the game got close and they beat them. The big things at play include that the Demons were #1 and Dickinson hadn't beat them since 2000. Was a perfect night for it. Afterwards, we went for burgers at Ground Round!

On Saturday, Matt ended up having to work at the Zoo to showcase the airport to the community. I continued our rummage sale-ing, which I started on Thursday night...where according to Matt, all the best sales happen. We ended up getting a gun cabinet, a crock, a fishing poll, a small water pitcher, and teeny angel food cake pans. Not such a bad go!

Card from the Cats
On Sunday, it was Matt's birthday. We started the day off at the Bismarck Aero Fly-in before a few presents. I got him a garden soil tester, to check the PH, temp, sun, and water levels. We have some work to do on our soil. We also went out and bought his gun that he'd been talking about for months.

We got it home, unpacked it, and headed to the range for some test runs. Matt also had to train me to throw clay pigeons. The first three were a bit tough and I eventually got the hang of it. I'm sure it was not a graceful sight but they got into the air. He was pretty happy with his pick!

Supper was his choice and since I'm rarely in the mood for Chinese, we went to the China Garden. Matt had moo shu pork with hot and sour soup. I went with orange chicken with veggis delight and egg drop soup!

For dessert, we went out to the farm, Mom had made a chocolate pie!

All in all it was a great day!

ALR: How does it feel to be old?
MJR: You tell me in two weeks.


The rest of the week has flown by...I was in Fargo for a couple days as I helped to organize the Governor's Workforce and HR Conference. We had close to 500 attendees if you count vendors, speakers, and conference goers. I went to bed three nights in a row exhausted! I was so glad to be home on Thursday and so were my cats, they stuck pretty close for the next couple days.

The weekend came just in time. Matt and I took off for Dickinson on Friday for some warranty work for my ring and we went to El Sombrero, which I've had cravings for for the past couple months. They make the best Mexican.

He spent the weekend in the red truck hauling silage while I did laundry and some much needed cleaning. Overall, it's been a good weekend.

Best meal: Chicken Chimi with no pico, and a side of queso with chips and salsa. Yum.

Dear Matt-
I'm sorry I couldn't be there for your birthday. I've made numerous attempts to travel in your direction but these were all thwarted by Grandma. Between her and Grandpa, I'm beginning to worry about them and I think they are on to me. They lock me in the front entry, they change out the door I use to this fancy thing? It's not all fun and games, like last summer. I got busted on the kitchen table and Grandma pitched a fit.
Come get me.
Love your best friend in the whole world, 
Nike

No comments:

Post a Comment