Pages

Friday, September 18, 2015

How to get a first glimpse...

Okay... I'm at 6 weeks today. We had an ultrasound today. Matt and I went in very excited but it was hard to remember that the baby is the size of a lentil. I did choke up a few times especially when I saw the heartbeat, which lessens our chance for a miscarriage which is still weighing on my mind.

We'll have another ultrasound and check up next week to verify how things are progressing but after talking with the doctor, it feels good to hear her say that everything is looking good. It's been a huge weight that I've had for such a long time! In the meantime, I'm still plotting and planning how we want to tell our parents.

Name of the week: Evan
Cravings: Refried Bean Burritos
Pregnancy symptoms: Mood swings with extreme irritability and sudden intense hunger.

After ultrasound tech leaves the room
MJR holds picture in hand.
MJR: Our baby is a messy squiggle.
ALR: Yes, looks just like you.


**This post was post-dated and released at a later date for reasons determined by ALR/MJR

No comments:

Post a Comment