Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2015

How to get news you've been waiting for....

This day has been a long time coming. Actually, we weren't even sure if today would even come.

We found out today.

Today, everything changed.
Today, we got the phone call.
Today, we made plans and got giddy.
Today, our hopes soared.

I don't know what to expect in the next 8 and some months, let alone the next 18+ years.
Matt, in true Matt-fashion, needed to go out to purchase a book for expectant fathers. We also bought our first children's book. What people don't know either is that we had taken some of our wedding gift cards, shortly after we got married to purchase "What to Expect When You Are Expecting."

Best Meal: For supper, we went out to celebrate at Texas Roadhouse.

8:00am
MJR: Have you gotten a call? (to confirm we are pregnant)
ALR: No. Not yet.
MJR: When will you get it?
ALR: I don't know, when they call.
MJR: Okay, well I'm going to be in a lot of meeting today so I want you to email me. Just send me either "pizza" or "go out for dinner." I'll know what you mean by those phrases.

ALR: That is NOT how I'm going to tell you.
MJR: ahhhhh.


**This post was post-dated and released at a later date for reasons determined by ALR/MJR

1 comment: