Pages

Monday, September 7, 2015

How to captain the Love Boat

To my husband on our second anniversary -

The traditional gift over the second year is cotton. I guess we blew past that with the paddle boat, aka love boat. There isn't an once of cotton from the canopy to the little cooler. But the more I think about it the more I realize that it was a gift that has fit our second year of marriage. Sometimes we took on water, sometimes the sailing was smooth, sometimes a bit more ruff than we'd planned, or more weeds than we wanted. Sometimes the right side didn't pull her weight but sometimes it paddled for both. We both took our turns steer and plotting our course but the best part is whenever we went out...we did it together.

I have a feeling year 2 is going to be colorful and different as we continue to settle into our marriage and lives. I have a feeling we'll continue to push and pull each other along. There will be meals, talks, cats, trips, decisions, and disagreements. I'm looking forward to them all.

On our wedding day I said, I love you for who you are and who I am when I'm with you.
On our first anniversary I said, I still choose you.
This year I say that I love that no matter what happens, we are in it together.

Love, Wifey


No comments:

Post a Comment