Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

What a Wonderful thing a Family is.

Sometimes life is pretty good. Sure, the cats may be hating each other, a little less each day, but my life feels pretty great.  It was another learning week at work. It was my second full week at Job Service. My official title is Customer Service Consultant but the boil down is that I work with employers to provide business services and because it’s a small office, I also help job seekers find job opportunities and work with their resume and anything job related. I know that this learning stage is a necessary part of starting a job, I’m excited for when I’m a bit more confident about things going on at the office.

Matt and I have been slowly unpacking...It’s still a matter or sorting things through. It is nice to see some of my clothes that I haven’t seen for a year or so…and I’ve also opened the giant picture box and I’m excited to dig in and start putting those things up too.

I did have a little issue this week, that Matthew thought was so funny. TonyDanza likes bread, or at least he thinks he likes bread. He usually remembers he doesn’t like bread once he rips into the bag and drags it all over the floor. So in an attempt to stop this expensive little habit, I had been storing the bread in the fridge. Matt disagreed with this so I’ve been putting it in the microwave, which had been working until I had to defrost the sirloins we were having for supper.  So in an attempt to save the 4 hamburger buns and the entire loaf of bread, I put them in the oven. This was a great plan until I came home and Matt and I decided to bake pasta. In the oven. Which Matt turned on. And I remembered about 10 minutes after he turned it on. Needless to say I ruined that loaf and pulled the melting package and loaf out of the oven while Matt watched laughing.

The highlight of my week was Saturday. My Aunt Descie and Uncle Randy threw Matt and I an engagement party/Welcome to the Family party. It was amazing to be surrounded by family and fun. We took pics, were toasted, and ate an amazing meal! I don’t know what I liked more, the brisket, the pork, or the turkey…mmmm, I don’t think I have to even tell you what the best meal was. I’ll be enjoying those left overs for a couple days. Matt did a little name training. How to say and spell Remynse and we all did a little wine drinking. I did have to laugh at Aunt Janie’s gift of Matt’s favorite gin, which they enjoyed together when we went to Fargo this past summer.

The other awesome part of the night was that Kemma and Carsteyn thought that our engagement party was our wedding. We had to explain to them that we aren't getting married right now but have to wait until Kemma goes to Kindergarten. She had some rules for our wedding. 1. She has to dance with me 2. She has to wear a white dress and I told her that I had to have her hand out programs at the wedding! And Carsteyn has decided that he has to get a new tie to wear! I love those two kids. So cute.

We finished off the week helping Mom and Dad at the farm. I helped sort in the morning while Matt drove the payloader up to the field and in the afternoon when I met with our realtor and drove back to Dickinson, Matt helped give shots to the calves. I was glad he was there to help and glad that they gave some hands on training. When I got home, I had two kitties who had a present from Michele. She had gotten them catnip blankets. Oh my, were they happy. The funny thing is that Michele gave them to us at Randy and Descie's, where their cats attempted to take them out of the bag and even tried to drag them across the room! So when they got to TD and Lola, they couldn't wait to get them out. Oh and the rolling and the licking and the rubbing. Such happy cats!

“Can we get a breadbox now?” - MJR

No comments:

Post a Comment