Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

One Big Happy Family

So it’s official, almost, I live in Dickinson. I say “almost” because I still have the condo and some things in Bismarck. It’s like I have a well furnished weekend home in the near metropolis. It’s more official now than before because the cats have come with me. TonyDanza and Lola are now living in Dickinson and we are one big happy family with Matt and Nike. When I say, we are one big happy family, I mean Matt and I are happy to be together, the felines are not. There was much carrying on and crying and hiss and yowling and screaming. And when we thought that it couldn’t get worse we saw hiding and punching and swiping and growling. I kept thinking I heard a jake break from the semi and I didn’t know where it was coming from until I realized it was coming from the cats, just because they felt like it. I’ll admit the first night was very hard, but since then we’ve made great progress, the hiding isn’t as bad and the screaming is happening with longer intervals between now.

So when I say I’m living in Bismarck, it means I’ve quit my job at Bold and had to say good bye to an amazing line up of clients and an equally unique roster of co-workers. They were all super good to me and it was hard to say good bye to certain parts and people. I will miss the creative sessions and the characters, that’s for sure. I started a consultant job at Job Service where I’ll be working with businesses and job seekers in Dickinson. I’m excited to start the new opportunity but I know it will be a big change from what I was doing at the agency.

My last weekend in Bismarck was “packed”. Well, we didn’t pack my things per se, but we filled it up with events and people. Matt and I had our last official Bismarck date on Friday at our favorite Bismarck restaurant, the Peacock. We love the martinis (when I say “we”, I mean I), we love the Mediterranean nachos (and I mean “we”), and the beer options make Matt happy. We filled our bellies and went home to bed to wake up early to go hunting. I played guide and Mom and Dad played host to Matt who celebrated opening Pheasant in orange with a shotgun. He limited out both days and I made an excellent “flusher”. Saturday night we had the official parental meet and greet. Our parents had their first official date with wine and roast. It was fun to get them together and talk plans. On Sunday, we didn’t play lazy either, we met my aunt, Wendy and Grandma at Mom and Dad’s for brunch. It was good to catch up with her and I was excited that she accepted our invitation to read at our wedding ceremony. After noon, we headed into town and took in the Seven Seas Bridal Show. We actually felt pretty good when we left as we asked a few questions, saw a few things, but didn’t see anything exciting or new that we missed. Matt did see an ice punch bowl that he was trying to make a case for, I said we’d see, I hope his hopes aren’t high. We ended the night with the cat convey and official meeting.

Best meal: Red and white wine with roast beef and mashed potatoes with mashed sweet potatoes and scalloped corn.

“MEOWWWWW” “HOOOOOWLLLLL” “RHHHHHHHHHH” “HiSSSSSSSSS”– Pick a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment