Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Californication...

Our final day was sad. I determined I hate leaving California.

We all loaded in Jason’s truck to head back to San Jose. The best part was that we stopped at Sonic, which sounds silly to be excited about but Matt and I live too north of the nearest Sonic and had never experienced it. So we stopped. I think I love the Cherry Limeade. I’ve tried to duplicate it; so far I haven’t 100% succeeded.

 And then after that the worse thing happened. Jason left us at the airport. Kicked us out of the truck and dropped our bags on the curb and left. Boo. I wasn’t ready to be left. I wasn’t ready to be kicked out. I wanted more vacation! Don’t kick me out!

 And then Matt made me go in the airport. On the plane and away. Our best flight was the final one into Bismarck as we had an exit row all to ourselves. Mom picked us up from the airport and dropped us off at home, so vacation officially over. The only thing we have left is memories, pictures, and our Chart House menu.

I do have to say it was another week where I realize I hit the jackpot with Matt’s family. Not only have his parents been amazing to me, but also Jason, Sara, lil Jason, and Kevin were awesome hosts and really showed us a good time. Letting us stay, giving us a vehicle to use, directions and recommendations that were awesome, not charging us for phone charging or showers, feeding us…they were wonderful and I’m so glad it worked and we made the trip. I’m excited to become part of their family and introduce them to mine!

Also, I have an addition from a previous day, I forgot to mention how Sara and I, with Kevin as our foundation (and the best cheerleader ever), kicked Jason and Matt's behinds in trivial pursuit. And not just a little, but a LOT. They even had to get nasty about J.K. Rowling so we got nasty back with Tea (versus Chamomile Tea). And don't ask either boy about Alan Shepard. But you can ask us girls about chickens and marigolds! We didn't only win the first game, but the second! Winners! Girl Power!

 Best meal of the day: cherry limeade. (it’s not a meal but I could make it one)

 “That lady in front of us ordered a diet cherry limeade, what is she thinking?” Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment