Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

California Girl!

Saturday was boys vs girls day.

Matt went off to get schooled in golf by Kevin at the Rio Vista course and Sara and I went off to tour Rio Vista and run errands.

I saw the town and ate at Foster’s, which has the most amazing taxidermy collection I’ve ever seen, including a full elephant head with tusks, trunk, and ears. Other things included a giraffe, rhino, hippo, deer, buffalo, bison, moose, alligator, cats (not domestic) and on and on and on. I ordered a salmon Caesar salad, it was so good, even thinking about it now, I get a craving.

After lunch, Sara and I spent some time with little Jason and the dog pack: Cyrus, Winnie, and Gracie. I determined the best thing was to get one of them howling (Cyrus) and they’d start all howling. HAHA! Still makes me giggle a bit thinking about it. Sara and I had some time to kill and because dogs are dogs, we noticed that Cyrus poo-ed a Cyrus size poo. In an attempt to avoid it, we took a decorative rock cover and placed it over it. I told Sara, want to watch Matt gag, we’ll save it for later. Sure enough, when the boys got home from golfing, we settled in to hear about their course-trauma. Afterward, I convinced Matt to move the “rock” back to where it was suppose to be, uncovering the horse pile! Oh, we laughed! The best part wasn’t that we got Matt to gag but we made it a double and also convinced Kevin to uncover the “treasure” that was hidden! Only time I’ve had so much fun with poo.

The best part of the evening was the fun with the pizza oven. Kevin has got a great set up for pizza, all the way from the dough flattener to the wood fired oven. Mmmmmmm. Sara and I sat and enjoyed the pizza buffet that continued to come in our direction. I think the sausage and pepperoni were my favorite! The boys did an amazing job cooking and it was awesome to watch.

ALM: “You’re going to grow up and be stinky and fart aren’t you, because you are a boy.”
Little Jason: “I’m a kitty.”
ALM: “And you stay that way!”

1 comment:

  1. you left out the beating that Matt & Jason received trivial pursuit

    ReplyDelete