Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

CA + ALM = :)

Okay, so day 2, wake up, shower, head into town.

For breakfast: Bagels loaded with Lox, tomatoes, and capers. So good! We get this “treat” so rarely in ND….this was the best breakfast for the month of September!

Matt had brought his clubs and with the help of Sara, who supplied her clubs as well as a fashionable golfing outfit for me, we took in a great little par 3 course on pebble beach. The longest hole was 104 yards. I basically only used 4 clubs: 7,8, pitching, and putter. I didn’t do too bad. I was happy and for the first time ever, I played a full 18. Matt had a bit rougher luck. He lost 3 balls, an impossible possible feat when playing a par-3 course and hit a parked car on a drive. We did play through a herd of deer, which both of us found amazingly distracting. The best part of the game for me was having a hot caddy haul my clubs around for me. Thanks, Sweetheart!

From there we decided to check out Pebble Beach’s Golf Course, where the US Open is played. We had drinks at the bar and went and watched a few groups come in on the 18th. It’s right on the ocean and Matt’s goal is to someday play that course. Beautiful place but it does come with a hefty price tag.

We had a bugger of a time finding a parking spot in Carmel, but finally did and made our way down the beach. We did get a bit too close but it was beautiful. Jason even showed us a sunset there the first night.

From there, we had a snack at the “Hog’s Breath Inn”, which is owned by Clint Eastwood, former mayor of Carmel.  Awesome food, Matt had an artichoke soup with a pulled pork sandwich and I had a Monterey Chicken sandwich, complete with avocados! After strolling around town a bit, we headed back to Sara and Jason’s and then took off to Rio Vista to stay with Matt’s uncle Kevin.

Although the ride had heavy traffic, we did laugh a ton as we took Jason and Sara’s dog, Cyrus, with us. Cyrus is not your average dog. I’ve seen horses smaller than him and to top it off he’s learned how to lean into the turns. Oh my gosh, it was hilarious to have him between Matt and I while we drove through the country side and over the mountain. I was by-far the smallest person in the truck. It definitely made for an eventful ride and then Matt and I were trying to figure out the crops growing in the fields (strawberries, tomatoes, lettuce, oranges, etc….the only one we knew for sure was corn!).

We got to Rio Vista after a few hours and it was great to see Kevin’s house, which Matt loves. We started a fire and enjoyed visiting while we waited for our Pizza Factory pizza to show up.

Best Meal: breakfast…mmmmm I love some salmon.

“You look so tiny next to Cyrus and Matt. It should be a book called “Riding with Giants”!”- Sara Remynse

No comments:

Post a Comment