Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

All you need is Love.

So sometimes, those Beatles know what they are talking about.

I gotta admit that Matt and I have always been in a good place, he’s been a great partner for me but this past week (or two) has reminded me multiple times why I said yes to him. Wedding planning is not for the faint at heart. We are planning a wedding simultaneously with another couple and it’s fun to share stories, we both do talking points and ask questions and compare notes but my favorite is being able to share with the other bride how Matt and I are working through the plans, together.

So, date – check, venues – check, preliminary lists- check, colors – check, officiate – check, families notified – check, photographer – check, and this past week, two more checks, friends and decorator. We finally were able to proclaim to the world what was going on and I love the reactions and support for the two of us, I fully expected some ribbing from the firehalls guys, and we weren’t disappointed. They also offered to help with the theme of the wedding: firefighter complete with bunker gear for the tuxs. But it was also nice to hear the congratulations and excitement from others.

We also went to the decorator this weekend, together. I had to laugh when she said that she rarely gets to meet the groom and here my groom has a distinct personality with distinct opinions, and I love that he has them and brings them to the table. We worked through a few ideas and came up with the preliminary design and I’m excited to see it set up and it come to life next year. Also gave me an idea of where we are going and things we will need as we keep going and planning. I loved that our decorator had excitement and was earnestly invested in what we were doing and I think about the headache and hassle she’s going to take off our plates and I’m relieved already. AND THEN I think about how BEAUTIFUL it’s going to be.

We went camping this past weekend, probably the last camping weekend of the season, at Beulah Bay. It was great to spend a few uninterrupted days together and then add a boat and a fire with some great people, talk about a success. We were a bit unorganized, and that drove me crazy but I guess we have a few things on our mind.

Best Meal: smoked salmon with citrus and dill and steamed green beans. AND the best part, there was leftover salmon that Matt let me take. That’s how I know he loves me.

“I’m so excited to work with you, I can see that you are made for each other.” – Lynell of “I Do” Balloons, Weddings, and Events

No comments:

Post a Comment