Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

The better CA....California NOT Canada

So I’m crabby.
I was fine on Tuesday, but I’m crabby. The difference is on Tuesday, we were in California, today, we are not. Boo.

What a great trip. First, I got to spend time with Matt, bonus. Second, I got to see California, a place I’ve never been to before. Third, I got to meet some of Matt’s amazing family. I’ve thought before I’ve hit a jackpot entering into his family, but it was confirmed again to me.

We arrived about 12ish on Thursday. Jason picked us up from San Jose’s airport. We climbed in and I was whisked away to “In-n-Out Burger”. I love “local” things so it was great to try something that I hadn’t before. We all ordered double-doubles, animal style, and split an order of fries. I know I disappointed Matt because we typically exercise a 75%/25% policy with my meals. I eat 75%, he finishes off 25%. This time it wasn’t the case, it was a 100%/0%. Mmmmmmm!

From there, we headed to Cannery Row and took in the aquarium. It was fun to see tuna, sharks, jelly fish, sea turtles, and more. My favorite was probably the sea horses. They were so delicate and different. We also touched a sting ray. It was a great facility and it was easy to see why Jason and Sara (Matt’s cousin and wife) went there with their son (Jason) all the time!

We next went and had supper, where I got to meet Sara at the restaurant she works at (A.W. Shucks). It was a great dinner. My martini was great, my fish and chips were so good, and I enjoyed the oysters too, which I knew was Matt’s favorite.

The best part of the day involved a little wedding twist. I told Jason that I wanted to hit up some of the antique places as I’d like to find a cake topper for the wedding. Here I’ve got to give it to Jason and his tenacity in accomplishing a goal. We looked for cake toppers and he came up with suggestions like crazy. I think my favorites included the kissing kittens, the colonial couples (in various outfits), the masks, the foot tall Dutch people, the native American candles, and the rollerskating trophy topper. I laughed so much at so many of the options. Jason took it to a new level that night as we sat and visited and he found toppers online and screened them by Matt and I to see what we liked. Sure, anyone can pick out a topper, but who knew I’d have so much fun picking ours out!
We ended the night just visiting and getting to know each other! Perfect start to our holiday stay!

Best meal of the day: tough call….fish and chips or in-n-out burger! I can’t decide, don’t make me.

“Matt, I don’t care if you are sleeping on this table, I’m going to sit and talk to you because I finally get to have an adult conversation!”- Sara Remynse

No comments:

Post a Comment