Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Love is an orange tabby.

So I’ve spent of time lately with my laptop, for one reason or another, a ton of tulle has been involved too let’s say. TonyDanza loves it. He’ll sit on my lap just in front of the keyboard. I’ve felt so bad lately as we’ve been going a bunch and haven’t really had any down days, winter may change that but I know he’s such a cuddle bug and needs attention. Both of my cats definitely ask for laps and attention. It’s hard to go to Matt’s as Nike could care less about my lap and cuddling. I don’t realize how much I look for my cats until I don’t have them around. It’s easy to write this now as he’s purring in my lap versus breaking the head off my scarecrow, which sits on the entertainment system.

This past weekend I was in Dickinson and we spent time with friends. Brendan and Claudia were there for National Guard Duty, so Claudia was great to take to the Pride of Dakota showcase as she is actually interested in going and doesn’t drag her feet and just wait to leave, like someone else I know. We also went out Saturday night to hang out with some of the firehall guys who did a rib cook, and what girl in her right mind turns away ribs.

Mom and I got a little dress shopping in. It was exciting and fun. I did tell Matt that I wasn’t going to go traditional in the dress, maybe a deep scarlet color, haha, that’s when I got the “look”. No, he should expect to see some shade of white, some dress with some design with maybe some lace or some beading or some chiffon or some train or some frill or some pretty, but for sure some white.

We are prepping for California this coming weekend. I’m excited. Life has been such a whirlwind with work and things since the engagement. It will be awesome to meet Sara and Jason and their son, see Kevin, and see California. I love our trips and I also love the non-stop time that we have together.

Best meal: ribs with a side of ribs and ribs for dessert, and they let me take ribs home for leftovers.

“There is, incidentally, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person.”-Dan Greenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment