Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Measure a Year?

This past weekend we celebrated our pre-anniversary. We are sitting at about a year out from our big day. We checked the location for temp, view, and location of sun. We’ve paid for our chairs, we’ve started looking at budget things, we put a few more deposits down, and we’ve started price checking and shopping.

This past week we looked at DJ’s and tux shops. We think we have our DJ and we have some ideas of tux shops. We will be matching rosewood and wine to the charcoal suits.

In the mean time, we have life happening, like it’s someone’s 29th birthday this coming week. I had picked up a new golf bag and modified it a bit and had every intention of presenting to him when he became older than me, but while running errands around town, the damn stinker opened the trunk (where I thought it would be hiding safely) to put some things in there and saw it! Damn it! Was glad to give him something that he loved and brought a big smile to his face.

He even got to use it already. He went out to Riverwood while mom and I went to a friend/relative baby shower for Kayla and baby Reagan. Mom and I were the big winners. I won the price is right game (was only off by $.44) and Mom won the Guessthecheeriosinthebottle game (was only off by 5). Aside from seeing Kayla’s happy face, the best part was to see Grandma and Aunt Jo “studying” the rubber ducky spout protector, which is so babies don’t bash their heads. They didn’t understand the purpose of this “toy” because once the baby bashes his/her head, he/she won’t do it again! Kids these days have it so much easier!

I was able to show my place to Grandma too. I still don’t have things on the wall, but who knows if I will. I dressed TonyDanza up for her visit but Matt was not impressed and took off his bandana. Some people just don’t understand dressing to impress.

We finished the weekend ripping up the most memorable carpet I’ve had in my life. My mother is replacing 90% of her carpet. We started work on the office, then moved to her guest bedroom (which only took 6 cans of paint to finish) and now we are working our way to the living room! It was pretty shocking to see Dad grab a corner and rip, reminded me when we decided to take off the wallpaper and Gary just reached over and ripped. I’ll go out tonight and put back her furniture and it will look so nice. I’m so excited to see these updates, just like seeing “our” fancy new TV set up and HD coming though.

Best Meal: Pre-anniversary dinner of walleye and “rice in the weeds” at the Walrus.

“You sure have a lot planned already.” – Grandma Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment