Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Reinventing the weekend.

First Tuesday in November marks election day on the calendar. It’s a bit interesting in the house that I live in. My mother is a vocal Republican (Mom, when you read this, don’t gasp, it’s okay), and Matthew is a bit more Democratic than I’d like some days. I feel like I walk this interesting party line sometimes. Working for the agency did leave an interesting taste in my mouth regarding politics though. Needless to say, I voted but as I get older, voting gets harder.

This past weekend we went to Aubrey and Jerry’s wedding. She looked beautiful and I know the weddings been a long time coming so it was great to see her happy and she looked beautiful. Mel came up to celebrate the wedding. She has a little trouble getting to Dickinson so we were robbed of her time so I’m hoping for a good old fashioned wine session at another time.

Only thing I'd really like to see is my nasal drip and sinus infection disappear, I'm still stuffy and yucky. And officially tired of it!

I’m the most excited to announce that for the first time in a year and a half, Matt and I had a travel free together weekend. Usually we never get both of those things, meaning, we either have to travel or we didn’t get to see each other. But this weekend, we slept in, we didn’t drive 200 miles, and we had a lazy Sunday. It was so nice.

Matt did do some traveling the beginning part of the week, I was glad he got to use his time doing something he wanted. He went home to Lansford and spent some time with his parents and did a bit of goose hunting. Even bagged himself a bird.

Here’s an updated item to the wedding checklist:
-Wedding cake topper (and this time around the groom has a head)

Most Unique Meal: Barbecued Goose….main ingredient (aside from the goose): apple juice

“If you don’t like it we can go buy a pizza.” – MJR regarding the “cooked goose”

After the election results were reported:
"I'm depressed...this isn't good. I won't yell at (Matt)..I only wish him good because his life is yours now...you're his redeeming quality. Tell him to thank you." - Sara, card caring Republican. I love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment