Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Fall Back. Winter Ahead.

Another quiet week in Dickinson, it would have been near about perfect if Brutus wouldn’t have showed up. It appears that they are naming more than tropical storms and hurricanes, they are now naming our winter storms too. Brutus was supposed to drop 5-10 inches on our door stop and maybe if the rain would have turned into snow we might have. Instead we have just an inch of snow over a thick layer of ice.

We got stuff done around the house, including some baking. I made homemade French bread, which almost turned out on Friday and then on Sunday I made peach muffins and banana bread. The banana bread turned out the best. Matt was no slouch either, he made jerky, which we made into a meal on Saturday night. The stuff is so addictive.

The big news of the week is that the condo is sold. It’s extremely bittersweet. Yes, it’s great that it sold, as we’ll start saving for the wedding and it cuts a cost but it was such a beautiful condo and I loved it. And I had picked everything out and I had my own bathroom and I had 2 walk-in closets. We have til Nov 30 to get out, so it’s a quick turnaround.

The other big deal is that Lola and Nike played for a good 5 minutes. Nike ran up to Lola and didn’t hiss and it seemed that neither of them knew what to do. It didn’t last long but at least it was a brief cease-fire. We haven’t seen any play since then, but at least we know it’s possible.

Best meal: gyros

“I’m not ready for winter.” ALM
“I don’t think you have much choice.” MJR


P.s. Matt's dear uncle Kevin would have made the blog, but I'm mad at him for coming 2 weeks too early. We didn't get to Lansford for opening deer to see his face or listen to his new line of bull.

1 comment: