Pages

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

The one with the painting

We are in the midst of spring. When I was younger all I remember about spring was mud, wind, and mud. Now it's buds and blooms. I love weekends. I love the three of us together, doing stuff around the house. We worked on all sorts of things from the yard, to the garden, to Eleanor's birthday present, to her birthday party, to the new nursery, and even the basement. Which included mudding up the holes of the previous owners display room and suddenly deciding while we have the walls exposed, let's paint! Not exactly what we had planned but the project went pretty well and we got it all done relatively quickly!

Matt also worked in the yard and with Eleanor being so mobile and loving to sit in chairs, I decided he needed a supervisor! She was more than happy to keep an eye on him. I even joined her for a bit!

We are starting to prep other rooms for painting and changing too as we picked out nursery stuff for baby and talked about where we are moving Eleanor's furniture to. His crib and dresser should be here later this month and I'm amazed at how quick time seems to be going... maybe I'm bittersweet as the closer we get to the due date the more I'm worried about two babies and that also means that my current baby (Eleanor) isn't a baby anymore!

We also took in a little bit of Bismarck's spring clean up week, which is one of my favorite things. This year we got... a globe, 2 coolers/live wells, a small kitchen (requiring some tlc), a outdoor patio set for Eleanor and Baby, a outside truck, and a hose reel. We went out two nights... one night Alaina was good to us and came down to babysit, so we had a little date night.

best meal: French Onion Baked Penne - we got a Home Chef meal, which always is a special night for Matt and I... a night in kinda of thing. I realized how good it was after the meal when I remembered that I forgot to take a picture.

MJR: So we are having french onion baked penne, what is Eleanor eating?
ALR: I put spinach into her grilled cheese. I figure she won't have food trust issues for a few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment