Pages

Saturday, May 13, 2017

The one with the First Birthday Party

Birthdays are only fun because of parties!!
We officially had her first birthday party. I'd been planning and organizing for months. I wanted to not stress out the week of her birthday... for a couple reasons, I was going to be out of town the beginning part, I wanted to focus on her actual day on the day versus party details, and I'm halfways pregnant... so I began to work on the deco a while ago. Matt was bored with it all but I wanted to make sure it was something that was fitting of the celebration!
 
I was so happy with how it all turned out! And we had so many people there to celebrate! Both sets of  Grandparents, both her aunt and uncle, her great grandmother Darlene, her great Aunt Descie, her great great Aunt Janice and Doug, Godmother Shantelle with Rick and Alice, Oliver with Allison and John, and Brendan with Claudia, Jackson, and Baby Ashlynn, The weather was perfect, there was no shortage of conversation, and the babies all interacted... well kinda! Made my heart smile to see the group of kids that she will grow up with. 
She received some wonderful presents... she was so lucky! She got everything from an activity garden, to a slide, to her first car, puzzles, books, outfits, a sitting bench, a meowmixer/keyboard, a lawn mower, a table and chairs, magnets, and a toy chest where all the haul will go into! I did feel bad opening presents as I know it was hard for her... we'd give her something cool and then take it away, give her something cool, take it away. Poor thing. I will say though, her face lighting up when she say the car was pretty classic though! Wish I had gotten a picture!
We capped the party off with a cake smash. Much to my father's dismay, we didn't give her a cake that had sugar in it. I made a peach banana cake with a maple vanilla whip cream frosting. I decorated it with blueberries! She was predictable in picking the blueberries off but then did get into the cake. At one point the cake went onto the floor but we did pick it up for a round 2! Her guests all got cake made my her godmother Shantelle, who has also made another special cake for us (our rehearsal dinner cake).
After cleaning her up, she played outside with her giant ball, car, and slide with the family.
It was a beautiful day that will forever bring a smile to my face.
Best meal: well, it wasn't a meal but we served a fruit tray, a veggie tray, a cheese tray with crackers, jerky, a blended ice cream fruit punch, and taco pinwheels along with the birthday cake and cake pops(chocolate peanut butter) for all guests!

Singing Happy Birthday and putting cake in front of EER.
Perry: You put that mat on the floor under her, you probably won't even need it. 
10 minutes later. EER picks the cake up and watches it tumble to the ground.
MJR looks at ALR: No regrets on the mat on the floor. 

Oliver has little silver cup. 
EER sees little silver cup.
EER takes little silver cup.
Oliver: Share, Share, Share.

No comments:

Post a Comment