Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

How to say goodbye to summer....

It's not summer anymore, that's for sure. The weather has turned. We had beautiful days until this past weekend where it was windy and overcast and cold.

This week, we had my Aunt Lynn take some pictures of Matt and I. Christmas isn't right around the corner but I like to be prepared. Matt's always wanted to take fall pics and due to the wedding date/time, it has never worked out. i decided to change that this year. Lynn had a great setup between some huge stumps in the pasture and her garden, which was still in a beautiful bloom. It was going really well until we were finished. All of the sudden something seemed stuck under my eyelash. Whether it was a bite or a sting, I found myself at the clinic the next day. What a bummer!

Other highlights of the week include Matt finally getting out to use his goose blind. He'd been scouting on and off for a couple weeks but after finding some possibility, waking up at 4:00 to go out, set up and whatnot he finally got to use it. While he didn't end up with any birds, he still got a flavor of it and some dust on the blind.

On Sunday we headed out to the farm for working the calves in prepping them for weaning. I ran the books, which I like aside from getting chilled. Matt was part of the pushing crew. Was a good day, good to be done and warm up by the fire.

We did start the week off with a bang. Nike got her first time shave. I've got to say, she looked pretty dang good! Not like TD did when he got his haircut!

Best meal: we are slipping into comfort food season... this week we had tacos, ham, pizza, pasta, sloppy joes.

Earlier this summer....
MJR out in garage, ALR in house.
Door widely opens.
MJR: HONEY! I NEED CASH!
ALR: (Bewildered) What is going on?
MJR: The ice cream truck is here! We need cash! ICE CREAM!
ALR goes outside: I don't see it.
MJR: I know, but I can hear it.
ALR: But, I don't see it.
MJR: (Staring off into the distance) Damn, I bet it's on the next block.

No comments:

Post a Comment