Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

How to be scared...

Week 12... and I'm sick as a dog. No, not morning sickness. I managed to get myself played out and the worst part is I'm pretty good about doctoring myself but things change now with baby. Medicine gets a bit tricky.

We had a doctor's appointment today and thought we'd hear the heartbeat but instead we had our first big parental scare. They attempted to use the Doppler in the exam room and we didn't hear anything...only my heartbeat. I could feel the anxiety taking over and the tears started coming the longer they tried to find sign of life. Pretty soon the doctor decided we were going to get the answers we needed by doing a quick ultrasound. The feeling of relief that washed over me when I saw baby and the little legs kicking could have brought me to my knees. To see legs and ears and be more than a little blobby bunny reminded me how real it is right now. The heart beat was at 170 this time.

Name of the week: Elery
Cravings: nothing....I blame the cold. Nothing even tastes good.
Pregnancy symptoms: Weight gain...my jeans are no longer fitting well and I have to wear a belt to cover up the fact that I can't button them.

ALR: Did you see it?
MJR: Yes.
ALR: What did you think?
MLR: It was really kicking, you really worked it up.
ALR: Well, I was pretty worked up too.

**This post was post-dated and released at a later date for reasons determined by ALR/MJR

No comments:

Post a Comment