Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

How to get hitched and hooked...


Another busy weekend which resulted in an exhausted Amanda.

We started the weekend at the Food Truck Festival, which was organized by a good friend, Stacy. Was a great turnout for the event and Matt and I enjoyed ourselves with corn dogs, monster dogs, fresh squeezed lemonade, pretzel beer cheese bites, walking sloppy, prime rib sandwich, and kuchen. It's nice to sample here and there and see the fun options.

Due to the popularity, I have a feeling next year's will be bigger and better. When we visited with one vendor he stated that he couldn't believe how well it was going and they weren't prepared. Matt ate his last prime rib sandwich.
On Sunday, I was honored to hold the important job of flower pinner at my cousin, Ambour's wedding. Was a nice wedding that you could tell both bride and groom enjoyed. I also cracked the whip at pictures, helping my Aunt Merri. Pictures are a serious deal. I'm so glad they liked the ones that they've already laid eyes on. I did ask Matt if he's willing to consider a second wedding, I don't think he took me seriously as I never got a straight answer from him. 
In regards to my pinning job, I give myself a solid B, that is until I stuck myself so hard that I began profusely bleeding and had to find a band-aid for my thumb.

The meal was great and we took in some of the dance. I think my favorite parts of the night was spending time laughing with family members and seeing just what an important event it was for Ryan and Ambour.
Sunday was a good day for Matt. I stayed home and attempted to clean and do laundry. Matt went fishing...and he caught one! Measuring 41 inches long and weighing close to 18 pounds. Biggest fish he's ever caught! Also the smelliest! Was happy to see him so excited. He said he really put up a fight to be reeled in, I bet he did!

Best meal: we had pizza with sausage, pepperoni, black olives, and mushroom. I love Matt's pizza. mmmmmmm.

MJR walks in garage door.
MJR: Honey! Wannah see my fish?

ALR: Yes, show it to me.
Both walk out to garage. ALR sees tube in back of pickup bed.
MJR picks up tube, which is actually a fish.
ALR: Holy crap, okay, let me go get my camera. 

No comments:

Post a Comment