Pages

Friday, July 10, 2015

Roadtrip to KS: How to cover another three states...

Now, why get home and stay home? Especially when you can pack your bag for another location. Yes, we left home again.
Yes, I know we bought a house to live in it, just maybe not this year.
Yes, the cats are HATING us and HATING suitcases even more.

This trip was also a family trip...to Kansas for my cousin Kayla's wedding. 
Larned, Kansas, to be exact. It's in the west central part of the state, the furthest I'd ever been. 

We started the trip going the long way a bit as we went to Fargo first. I had some meetings and Matt and I met us with some friends from Mead and Hunt for lunch before getting on the road. Jon, who I have come to see as my foodie kindred spirit, took us to Blackbird WoodFired Pizza. We split four pizzas; apple sausage, bbq pork, thai chicken, and mushroom with a bechamel. So good! It was a perfect decision. I've seen the place before and thought it sounded amazing and I love when I'm not disappointed.

The drive from Fargo to Omaha was pretty uneventful. Shocked me the difference in the landscape between the two trips...this was pretty flat, which was a nice change to us. We did see more movement of lifestock...between dairy cows, sows, baby pigs, turkeys, all going places. 

We decided to make it all the way to Omaha on the first night, to make the second day push a little easier. We found a place to stay and next door was a restaurant. This was later deemed a big mistake. Bogey's Grill and Bar was on the roadside sign. We thought it would have a fun golf theme. We realized upon walking in that it was more Bar than Grill and the menu was also interesting. There was a lot of Asian inclusion from Fried Rice to Bulkoki with also nods to Mexican with a wide array of tacos. I had the buffalo chicken wrap, Matt ordered the brisket and fried rice. Immediately regretting his decision, who orders brisket and fried rice? Well we ended up going back to the room and Matt finishing off the other half of my wrap with a stomach full of regrets.

ALR: How's your fried rice?
MJR: The fried rice is good.
ALR: How's the brisket?
MJR: It's meat.
MJR: Here, try some.
ALR takes bite.
ALR: That is horrible. Are you sure that's meat?
ALR: I can't get the taste out of my mouth.

MJR: Yeah, I know.
Upon leaving the "Grill and Bar"

MJR: Well it didn't ruin brisket for me because that wasn't brisket. That was an abomination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment