Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

How to get your grow on...

One of our June traditions was to come home from work and walk out to see what had grown in the garden together. This was incredibly more rewarding returning from Philly. While Matt was gone I saw the garden pop up overnight so it was fun to share with him. Things that popped up immediately were the beans, peas, and radishes. Next came the cucs, dill, kohlrabi, and cabbage. The pumpkins and the tomatoes remained slow and steady. We have 14 tomato plants in total…with a great variety, Beefmaster, Bushmaster, Wisconsin 55, Rapunzel, a San Marzano, 4 romas (from my mother) and a couple early girls (from our neighbor). Some of them started out pretty stunted in life, so bad that the first little bulb of a promising tomato brought a great smile to my face.
Not only was the garden doing well but I have had fun using fresh herbs as we cook and watching them flourish.
MJR: Based on the sun, I plan to make detailed notes for revisions on our schematic.
ALR: I’m sure you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment