Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Roadtrip to CA: How to plan a roadtrip…

Early this year we propositioned Uncle Kevin, who was the owner of a F150 truck in ND who wished it’s return to California. We struck a deal that instead of shipping it out, we’d drive it out on a roadtrip. Details were hashed out and arrangement was made. The stick part was us figuring out when we wanted to do it exactly. Due to previous trips this year, we found ourselves limited on time off so we decided to go during a day that we’d already have off, Independence Day. And due to our decision to make family the main priority, we decided to push the timetable to get there in 2 days.

The first night, right after work, we left for Billings. This was the furthest I’d been in Montana for the longest amount of time. Before this it was only Wibaux. I will admit I was pleasantly surprised with the view of Montana. The plains laid out in front of the shadowing buttes, giving you your space but still offering a scenic tour.
First meal of the trip was McDonald’s in Dickinson, which was actually something new for us as they were building a new one just after we left and ripping down the one that we had frequented. We grabbed some to-go, did a drive-by of the Hillside home and took off west.Watching the rain on the windshield.
ALR: Where is the bag?
MJR: I didn’t put it in the truck, I thought it would be okay.
ALR: Hmm, it’s raining. I thought we agreed it would fit in the back just fine.
MJR: It’s going to pass soon, we’ll be fine,
Rain comes down harder.
ALR looks expectantly at MJR.
MJR: I’ll pull over.
ALR: There is a rest stop up ahead you can pull off at.
MJR: I see it.
ALR: Well you don’t need to pull all the way into it, just get off the road.
MJR: I was going to do that.
ALR: Well if you are going to be crabby, I’m not going to get out and help you.
MJR: I don’t need your help.
MJR gets out of trucks, slams door.
ALR pushes lock button, locking doors.
First bummer: I meant to get the state sides as we passed over them. This is Montana’s. We had a camera malfunction.

No comments:

Post a Comment