Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

HM: Scuba, Spa, and Siesta

Day 6: Thursday
This day started out a bit off as the alarm didn’t go off and it was one of the few days we couldn’t miss the schedule. Matt headed off to the Scuba shop for a dive and I headed to the spa. We did this in Cabo as well…so it wasn’t that unique.

Matt’s water was a bit rougher than he was expecting but still got to do 2 dives. He dove a shipwreck and a reef. I’ll admit it did sound pretty cool, especially after 2 days of snorkeling where I could see so well. He liked the reef dive and saw a small shark and a ton of fish but I could tell he enjoyed the wreck better. I thought it was cool that he had seen a bunch of rings and when he asked what they were, it was the rum barrels’ rings..they were left over from the trade.

I enjoyed a manicure and pedicure and said goodbye to one of my last things from the wedding…my wedding nails. They had grown out significantly and had to be replaced and I thought it was appropriate that they be replaced with honeymoon nails.

We met up afterward to compare notes and had a lunch at the resort back at Gizmo’s. We had pizza with pineapple, shrimp, and capers and split an app plate with jalapeno poppers, mozzarella sticks, and wings (which weren’t as good as Barefoot).

We actually had a slow afternoon, not sure if the waves were hard on Matt or being on the go for so many days caught up to us, but we actually just sat and watched a movie on TV. Ate cheetos, drank lemonade and ginger ale and relaxed. After awhile, I hopped in the shower to get ready to go out.
Whenever we asked people for recommendations of restaurants, we kept hearing the same one, Chesterfield’s. We almost were sick of hearing about this place since it came up in every recommendation. But how could we turn it down when everybody and their dog was suggesting it. So off we headed. It was a beautiful restaurant. We sat so close to the water I may have been able to put my feet in. I had a glass of Pinot Grigio and Matt had a Heineken (which is a uber popular beer there). We started off with a gi-normous bowl of lobster bisque which was amazing. I followed it with the crab stuffed shrimp and Matt had the combination plate: Mahi Mahi, grouper, pan fried calamari, and shrimp. There was so much food, I’m embarrassed to admit I had to leave some on the plate.
Best meal: For the day, it was Chesterfield’s…the soup…so good!

MJR: I told the scuba master that I thought it was odd that I used up all my air first and she said, “Of course, you a big boy!”

1 comment: